Gulai Udang ala Padang
300g udang size M (but its up to your liking)
1pc tumeric leave
2pc of daun limau purut
3pcs/strands of kacang panjang /long beans cut into an inch long
some corsely cut cucumber *optional
250ml thick coconut milk
4tbs frying oil
salt and sugar to taste (i don’t you ajinamoto/MSG…not a big fan)
1tsp coriander powder / serbuk ketumbar
1 large onion
1inch of ginger
1inch of tumeric
5pcs of green chilli padi /bird eye chilli *more if you want it HOT
2inch of lengkuas (i dunno what this called in english…but i looked like ginger)
- heat oil and add in the blended ingredients and coriander powder.
- fry until aromatic (sampai naik bau lar)
- then add in the coconut milk and water, stir gently until simmer
- add in the tumeric leaf, daun limau purut, the veges and the prawns
- cook for a good 5 mins in medium heat or until prawn is cooked
p/s: don’t cook for too long or the prawn will be stiff.
p/ss: this same recipe , you can replace the prawns with chicken.